Six Thinking Hats
Who Is Using the Six Thinking Hats?
The method is widely used at Prudential Insurance (the largest insurance group in the world), and the former president of Prudential, Rob Barbaro, used the Six Hats framework every day with his staff. Siemens has over 35 certified Six Hats instructors working with employees throughout its European offices. Boeing is just now taking up the hats in the United States. The hats are also in use at Honeywell, Motorola, Eli Lilly, Cargill, Fidelity Investments, National Semiconductor, and in many other companies. Healthcare groups, financial institutions, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers, and utilities are just a few of the industries using Six Hats. At the time this revision was published, over 100,000 people had been trained in the hats in 35 countries.
Key Benefits of the Six Thinking Hats
Below are some of the key benefits clients find in using the Six Thinking Hats.
- Simple to learn, use, and implement
- Not dependent on others (you can use it by yourself)
- Modifies behavior without attacking it
- Can be used at all levels
- Improves cross-cultural interaction
- Reduces conflict
- Encourages cooperation
- Enhances quality of thinking
- Supports other change initiatives
- Is available worldwide